PDA

View Full Version : cant get orders for phase II, any advice would be appreciated

doc22584
07-25-2006, 17:57
I got selected this year in class 05-06 back in april. I got my course reservation from attrs back in may, but for some reason Branch keeps deleting my orders. Ive made several calls to branch to try and get the issue resolved and all they ever say is "were working on it." If anyone has any advice or tips on how to solve my problem id be most grateful. I apologize in advance if i posted this in the wrong forum.

The Reaper
07-25-2006, 18:56
This depends on your branch, and why they have not cut the orders yet, but I would say that it has not been very long so far.

Delays could indicate incomplete stabilization tours, clearance problems, strength management issues, order of merit or backlogged sequencing, etc.

You might check with your local SF recruiter and see if he can help.

Good luck.

TR

doc22584
07-25-2006, 20:02
I already have a TS security clearance and ive more than fulfilled my obligation to my current duty station. My medical branch says they dont know anything about my Q Course orders. I guess ill just have to get back out there and do a little more leg work to get my orders. Thanks for the advice

mffjm8509
07-25-2006, 20:15
Doc,

My office is responsible to post all assignment instructions moving Soldiers into our acessions pipeline, based on scheduling rosters provided by USAJFKSWCS G3.

We are currently having several problems with Lifecycled units, units scheduled for deployments, and specifically Fort Stewart, GA....Fort Richardson, AK....and 1st CAV on Fort Hood.

I have 3 Staff actions waiting on GO approval to clear codes preventing my Assignment Managers from putting over 100 Soldiers on assignment.

PM sent with contact details. Call me directly tomorrow morning as I am personally walking packets through HRC now.

mp

NousDefionsDoc
07-25-2006, 20:37
This is a helluva website.

Ambush Master
07-25-2006, 21:02

EXACTLY what I AM thinking!!! This is what this place is about!!!!

Later
Martin

doc22584
07-26-2006, 03:52
This is a prime example of why i want to be special forces. The willingness of others to help people they dont even know and the comradre(sp?) of all the special forces guys on this sight says alot of good things about the character of the guys i can look foward to working with after i finish the Q. This site is the best.

Para
07-26-2006, 04:24
You are not alone. One of my best friends here at Bragg was selected in March and his orders keep changing. From what I have heard, 18X/SOPC is have priority fill because they are already apart of SWC. This is causing problems for those in-service guys getting class dates.

doc22584
07-26-2006, 06:50
They hinted at the fact that this might happen because the SOPC people were already in the pipeline and they might get priority. Thats a little messed up in my opinion, but ill just roll with the punches and do what i can to get my orders.

Roguish Lawyer
07-26-2006, 11:21

I was going to say the same thing.

Roguish Lawyer
07-26-2006, 11:22
This is a prime example of why i want to be special forces. The willingness of others to help people they dont even know and the comradre(sp?) of all the special forces guys on this sight says alot of good things about the character of the guys i can look foward to working with after i finish the Q. This site is the best.

Spread the word.

x SF med
07-26-2006, 14:16
+2

I usually get bored with sites pretty quickly - not here, great people, great discussions........ Oh, and everybody just SOOOOOO cares about everyone's feelings that I get those warm fuzzies when I sign on. (only the last part is a little sarcastic; ok, so I occasionally cringe, when I think RL migh blast my spelling or grammar - because I really ought to know better).

mffjm8509
07-26-2006, 20:41
From what I have heard, 18X/SOPC is have priority fill because they are already apart of SWC. This is causing problems for those in-service guys getting class dates.

That is absolutely NOT true!

While there is a back log of students........I'll tell you that the number breakdown of each that goes into the course is determined in the best interest of the force. I will not disclose what that number of students is by category on this website, but I'll say that if we PCS a Soldier into our pipeline from a UA or BCT scheduled for a combat rotation, he will likelly get a seat over a kid who has just enlisted.

If you take a look down at Pike Field every morning, its not a bunch of SSGs out there........they are 18Xers.

You can feel free to give me a call about your friend though........dont worry I wont send you to SWCS just for calling.......another popular myth.... but have your SSN ready anyway..............;)

mp