PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would share this with you all....god bless everyone of you

Smokin Joe
07-05-2006, 22:36
A mother asked President Bush,

"Why did my son have to die in Iraq?"

Another mother asked President Kennedy,

"Why did my son have to die in Viet Nam?"

Another mother asked President Truman,

"Why did my son have to die in Korea?

Another mother asked President F.D. Roosevelt,

"Why did my son have to die at Iwo Jima?"

Another mother asked President W. Wilson,

"Why did my son have to die on the battlefield of France?"

Yet another mother asked President Lincoln,

"Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?"

And yet another mother asked President G. Washington,

"Why did my son have to die near Valley Forge?"

Then long, long ago, a mother asked...

"Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of Jerusalem?"

The answers to all these are similar --

"So that others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness and freedom."

This was emailed to me with no author and I thought the magnitude and the simplicity were awesome .

Love to All
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE... TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Texian
07-06-2006, 10:43
I'm passing that on. That's beautiful.

MAB32
07-07-2006, 16:14
Joe:

Thanks my friend for that. It warms my heart. I too will pass that on to others that I know, and especially to the others in my department who are against this war and all other wars we have been into in the past 220+ years.

blustr18b
07-08-2006, 01:58
Thanks for posting that. As a parent on this board, I have enjoyed the chance to peek into what my son is up to. And I would like to thank you for all the support I have recieved. I had so many questions and worries about training! Now he's over in Iraq, and I am just grateful for an instant message or phone call now and then-just to know he is ok. But I know he has learned and trained with the best! He truly loves what he is doing and that is a huge blessing!
As a Blue Star Mom who has the task of presenting the Blue turning to Gold Star banners at funerals in my area-I must share that this poem means alot to the moms and families. Parents often get ignored once the soldier is married and we Blue Star Moms- try to band together to provide support to all military parents.

Thanks again-
blustar
Proud Army Mom