PDA

View Full Version : CCW?

badcarma
07-01-2006, 22:02
Whats your choice for CCW ? I f its a firearm what band and type of ammo?

Im carrying a kimber custom II .45 with night sights and extreme shock rounds

The Reaper
07-01-2006, 22:53
Whats your choice for CCW ? I f its a firearm what band and type of ammo?

Im carrying a kimber custom II .45 with night sights and extreme shock rounds

This has been flogged to death here.

Use the Search button in the upper right hand corner to check before starting threads.

Turn your SA selectivity switch up to Max as well.

TR

badcarma
07-02-2006, 15:53
whats SA ?

Doc
07-02-2006, 16:08
Situational awareness.

The ability to use the search button is sumptin' we advocate around these parts.

Good luck.

badcarma
07-02-2006, 16:27
thanks Doc
I like using the search function but for some reason when i tried ccw nothing came up.

Team Sergeant
07-02-2006, 18:37
thanks Doc
I like using the search function but for some reason when i tried ccw nothing came up.

Funny, I get about thirty threads relating to "ccw".:rolleyes:

Keep trying.

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
07-02-2006, 18:52
He will get even more if he can spell out the acronym.

Or just look in a logical place for such a discussion.

TR

badcarma
07-02-2006, 19:42
Ive got it to work now. Do you guys always bite off eveyones head when they cant find something on here? To me it doesnt seem to "professional"

Peregrino
07-02-2006, 20:19
Ive got it to work now. Do you guys always bite off eveyones head when they cant find something on here? To me it doesnt seem to "professional"

Yes. FYI: This site was founded by SF soldiers. One of its primary purposes is to "mentor" individuals who desire to become SF soldiers. Because of the unique nature of the SF soldier and his operating environment we tend to expect a higher level of motivation, discipline, initiative, and "situational awareness" from individuals who want to play in our AO. Little things like reading the stickies, following the rules, researching before asking questions, appropriate usage of grammar and punctuation, etc. all help to differentiate between individuals with the raw material to succeed in SF and those who are not worth wasting time on. At the very least they're efficient discriminators when we're determining levels of self discipline and personal motivation and how much effort to devote to answering your questions or even whether or not to respond. Your reaction to what amounts to "restrained verbal counselling" is also an indicator. FWIW - Peregrino

P.S. - I am aware from reading your profile that the SF candidate mentorship aspects of our "mission" do not apply to you; however, if you are serious about contractor positions when you get out of the service you will find that their recruiters use similar criterion to screen potential employees.

The Reaper
07-02-2006, 20:56

1. Your claim to have searched, but "nothing came up" is curious when everyone else who has tried it has hit paydirt, to include a thread of mine in this forum from earlier this year, cleverly entitled "Concealed Carry Weapons". There are, as TS noted, 34 threads found when CCW is searched. There are 21 more when "Concealed Carry Weapon" is searched. This causes me to believe that you either did not do the search, or cannot spell "CCW" or "Concealed Carry Weapon". Neither option makes you look too good, now does it?

2. Attacks? No one has called you any names to this point, in your entire five days on PS.com, or threatened you in any way. If you think this has been harsh, wait till you hit the real world. As Peregrino observed, we do expect people here to be reasonably self-motivated and able to take care of their basic needs themselves. As QPs, we are accustomed to our associates needing a minimum of hand holding and spoon feeding. Asking questions on a site without performing a search first is generally considered poor internet etiquette.

3. You have thus far on this thread, in less than 24 hours, argued with four admins and the owner of the site. They are all SF and you are not. If you read the stickies and Intros, this site is by and for SF personnel. Guests are expected to comport themselves appropriately and are treated with respect commensurate with that they have shown. People who are Situationally Aware and who expect to remain active on sites generally avoid that sort of encounter with the staff, but clearly, you are a young man who knows what he is doing.

4. Mark Twain, once said, "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and appear to be a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." You might want to think on that one a while before you post again. Most people learn more with their mouth closed than with it open.

5. You might also want to do some reading and quit believing the marketing hype on those Extreme Shock bullets, but what do I know? Drive on with your bad self.

TR

badcarma
07-02-2006, 20:57
sorry Peregrino.
I do understand what the sites all about i just didnt understand the attacks I was receiving next time Ill search harder on my subject before posting.
Also if i was'nt getting out so soon I'd go back to SFAS to get selected,It was always a dream of mine.

badcarma
07-02-2006, 21:05
Thanks TR
I'm not trying to start a fight just asking questions thats all so next time i don't do it, again just trying to learn from the best thats all.

P.S Whats wrong with the extreme shock. I've also have a complete load of glasers

badcarma
07-02-2006, 21:11
Also TR
When i did the search it did'nt say that there was nothing found it said web site could not be found everytime i hit it.

The Reaper
07-02-2006, 21:12
Thanks TR
I'm not trying to start a fight just asking questions thats all so next time i don't do it, again just trying to learn from the best thats all.

P.S Whats wrong with the extreme shock. I've also have a complete load of glasers

89 hits for "carry ammo", though I am sure there are a lot of others, depending on how you word the search.

Looks like you have some searching and some reading to do, so I will just clear out of your way for now and let you get caught up....

TR

badcarma
07-02-2006, 21:21
Thanks TR
Moving out to draw fire now:)

Peregrino
07-02-2006, 21:26
sorry Peregrino.
I do understand what the sites all about i just didnt understand the attacks I was receiving next time Ill search harder on my subject before posting.
Also if i was'nt getting out so soon I'd go back to SFAS to get selected,It was always a dream of mine.

OK - Here's a little help with your threat assessment. Most of the QPs here are senior NCOs or officers. FWIW nobody has "attacked" you. You haven't even been counselled at the 1SG level yet. We do expect you to take hints, especially when we've expended the effort to make them. The only way we have to judge you is what and how you write. You have to decide how the rest of the world will perceive you. ATD (attention to detail - as in spelling, grammar, and punctuation) and quality discourse (with good SA) will keep you from digging your hole any deeper than it already is. You don't want to get a FTFSI (failure to follow simple instructions) label, it tends to prejudice future interactions with board members. The proper response for what you've already been told is "Roger, Out" and go to listening silence. Further discourse on your part will be counterproductive. Arguing with Admins will just get you banned. FWIW - Peregrino

P.S. I missed some of the intermediate posts. Hang in there; "lurk & learn".