PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Strider Knives

Michelle
06-21-2006, 11:02
For those that didn't know.... Strider Knives, along with Ken Onion and Kershaw, won two awards for the Zero Tolerance at the Blade 2006 Awards Ceremony.

Way to go guys, and what an awesome cause for the money to go to. I was proud as could be to see the three reps from the PVA up on that stage BEAMING, when the announcement came that the guys won not once, but TWICE for the ZT.

Congrats. :lifter

m1

Air.177
06-21-2006, 11:49
For those that didn't know.... Strider Knives, along with Ken Onion and Kershaw, won two awards for the Zero Tolerance at the Blade 2006 Awards Ceremony.

Way to go guys, and what an awesome cause for the money to go to. I was proud as could be to see the three reps from the PVA up on that stage BEAMING, when the announcement came that the guys won not once, but TWICE for the ZT.

m1

Great job on not getting the show shut down as well guys:)

Keep up the good work .

Good times,
Blake

Team Sergeant
06-21-2006, 11:52

m1

Congrats Mick!

M1, could you please explain what it means???:p

TS

Bill Harsey
06-21-2006, 12:13
These awards are the "academy awards" of the knife world.

Good job.

Mick, this is what we expect of you around here. :D

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-21-2006, 12:51
These awards are the "academy awards" of the knife world.

I'm sure that they carry a little more significance than that. After all aren't the academy awards made by folks for themselves from within an industry whose membership is self-indulgent, morally corrupt, ethically bankrupt, that live their lives vicariously through the fables that they create in a world where only they count? I wouldn't trust any of them with a knife:D

Peregrino
06-21-2006, 15:01
I'm sure that they carry a little more significance than that. After all aren't the academy awards made by folks for themselves from within an industry whose membership is self-indulgent, morally corrupt, ethically bankrupt, that live their lives vicariously through the fables that they create in a world where only they count? I wouldn't trust any of them with a knife:D

+1. As always - well said, Sir. Peregrino

CoLawman
06-21-2006, 23:02

LMAO!

Razor
06-22-2006, 21:11
For those that aren't familiar, the PVA is the Paralyzed Veterans of America. They're a service organization that works with disabled vets (especially in dealing with the VA bureaucracy) with some form of paralysis (SCI, TBI, stroke, MS, etc). A portion of each ZT knife sold goes to the PVA to help fund outdoor recreation activities (skiing, shooting sports, boating, hand cycling, the list goes on and on) to show vets that they can still enjoy the outdoors despite some pretty serious, life-long injuries. Strider knives has quietly contributed and/or sponsored PVA events for many years, and it seems they've once again gone even further in their generosity with the ZT concept.

Mick and Duane, you're damn good people.

NousDefionsDoc
06-22-2006, 21:51
Well done Kitty Kitty.

BTW, I saw those two V42s on TAD. Beautiful.

12B4S
06-22-2006, 22:05
Congratulations Mick.

I'm not sure what Zero Tolerence is when it comes to knives. However, What you, Ken and Orion are doing for the PVA is tremendous.

Rotor Strike
06-23-2006, 01:18
Congratulations Mick.

I'm not sure what Zero Tolerence is when it comes to knives. However, What you, Ken and Orion are doing for the PVA is tremendous.

Zero Tolerance is the name for a line of knives designed by Ken Onion and the Strider guys, then built by Kershaw. PVA has been invluded in this venture since the inception.

PiterM
06-23-2006, 01:22
Yeah, well done!

Michelle
06-23-2006, 09:54

Here you go Sir. Attached is the 0200 model. The 0301 models are on pre-order right now (not quite available to the public yet).

m1
Photo courtesy of Eric Blair

12B4S
06-23-2006, 20:30
Thanks Michelle and Ryan. I had some sort of manufacturing thing in my mind, considering zero tolerence. Trying to catch up with all the new knives, equiptment and lingo. Fantastic looking folder. :D

x SF med
06-24-2006, 06:27
m1-
where can I get a 0200? between that and the Harsey SF I think my knife budget for the rest of the year is shot.....

Bill Harsey
06-24-2006, 07:52
Good looking knife. Great cause to be helping with.

Makes me proud to know these guys.

Team Sergeant
06-25-2006, 11:22
Thanks for the explanations!

Great looking knife there Mick!

Mick Strider
06-26-2006, 09:08
Hey everyone!

Thanks M1....your so damn sweet.

For those who don't know it......No one from our camp was at the awards dinner.....except one.

When it was announced, and they called for someone from Strider to come and get the award.....the sound of crickets chirping was interrupted by our one PAL in the house shouting...."FLAKES"!.......

Thanks M1 :)

Thanks "sneaky"....my first real go at the leather......AND....i actually got a real V42 at the show.....:)

m

Michelle
06-26-2006, 10:35
m1-
where can I get a 0200? between that and the Harsey SF I think my knife budget for the rest of the year is shot.....

x_sf_med,

Your best bet would be TAD:

http://www.tadgear.com/edged%20tools/kershaw_knives.htm

Alternatively would be a PM to Mick, but that could take a while... ;)

AND, Mr. Mick..... JUST to set the record straight... I did NOT yell out "Flakes" in the middle of the award ceremony when they requested your presence at the podium and were met with.... ummm.... vast nothingness.

I believe the word that came to mind was more akin to a hat that is worn on the posterior.... and I said it quietly ... really.... no one heard me. I was an absolutely lady at that ceremony!

m1

Team Sergeant
06-26-2006, 10:48
I was an absolutely lady at that ceremony!

m1

:rolleyes:

Yeahh, and Mick's fav drink is strawberry Koolaid. (Now I wish I'd have gone.) You got witnesses for the above stated lady like action?

I'm with Strider on this one.:p

TS

Bill Harsey
06-26-2006, 12:11
I was an absolutely lady at that ceremony!

m1
I'm sure that during that particular ceremony, you probably were.

However...

Michelle
06-26-2006, 12:30
I'm sure that during that particular ceremony, you probably were.

However...

Now Mr. Harsey!!! I think it is safe to say that after I beat the you-know-what out of that 20 year old kid that challenged me to a sword fight on Friday night.... well, I was on best behavior after that!! I even did the whole gurly dress and high heels for the awards ceremony.... you and AM and Blake can vouch for that! ;)

m1

Air.177
06-26-2006, 12:41
Now Mr. Harsey!!! I think it is safe to say that after I beat the you-know-what out of that 20 year old kid that challenged me to a sword fight on Friday night.... well, I was on best behavior after that!! I even did the whole gurly dress and high heels for the awards ceremony.... you and AM and Blake can vouch for that! ;)

m1

Love to help you ma'am, but I can't account for much of anything that went on Saturday night. Sorry

NousDefionsDoc
06-26-2006, 17:17
AND....i actually got a real V42 at the show..
HEY! You ain't leaving this one here. What happened? Details Kitty, details.

Razor
06-26-2006, 22:24
For those who don't know it......No one from our camp was at the awards dinner...

Passed out in the parking lot, or cooling off in a holding cell? :D

Mick Strider
06-27-2006, 08:43
HEY! You ain't leaving this one here. What happened? Details Kitty, details.

Well……I spoke to Mark Radcliffe, and he told me that the chances of them reorganizing the FSSF and giving me my issue were, well….kind of slim.

So I went ahead and purchased one. Its pretty damn nice too. The tip is original, the leather is great, and still bonded to the guard….the bluing is gone from the tip back about three inches….but who cares, im just running this story through my head of how the bluing was removed….and it makes it all good. Sheath looks almost new.

Its clearly one of my “holy-grails” …..still need that FSSF folder….and of course that knuckle-duster…..

Passed out in the parking lot, or cooling off in a holding cell? :D

HEY now!
That’s a damn rumor! I didn’t even get arrested once this time!
Hurtful…..just hurtful….

m

NousDefionsDoc
06-27-2006, 15:24
Congratulations on the find. We'll be needing pics...

The Reaper
07-02-2006, 22:30
Well done, Mick!

Great hanging out with you and observing all of the excitement.

Great work!

TR