PDA

View Full Version : Special Operations Report Magazine

Air.177
06-08-2006, 16:02
Does anyone here subscribe to specialoperationsreport.com magazine?

We got the latest issue here at the shop the other day and in an article about Air Force Special operations, found and interesting statement:

....."The United States Air Force combat controllers are often called,
"The Quiet Prof-essionals,"(their spelling) for their battlefield exploits are usually executed under the radar and without fanfare. .......

Just thought ya'll may find this interesting.

Take care,
Blake

Monsoon65
06-08-2006, 18:29
Yep, that's true. Hurlburt Field, FL (HQ AFSOC) is known as "The home of the Quiet Professionals".

PRC117F
06-18-2006, 14:51
Blake,

As a Combat Controller with over 22 years active duty, yes, I do find that interesting. I do not think that is exactly what you meant though.

Peregrino
06-18-2006, 15:26
Blake,

As a Combat Controller with over 22 years active duty, yes, I do find that interesting. I do not think that is exactly what you meant though.

22 years and CCT is good for a lot but it doesn't get you out of filling in your profile, posting an introduction in the right place, and reading/heeding the stickies. Welcome to our house. Peregrino

PRC117F
06-18-2006, 17:18
Copy....wilco.

Solid
06-19-2006, 06:07
Air.177,
"Quiet Professionals" is a name adopted by many special forces units worldwide (in native tongue, naturally). I, and I suspect many others on this board, heard it first in usage with the USSF; but it is certainly possible that they were not the first to use it. The same goes for many mottos (ie: Who Dares Wins, Primus inter Paris etc.), although I believe De Oppresso Liber is original (?).

Solid

PS: Not intended to offend anyone in anyway, ever.

Team Sergeant
06-19-2006, 08:06
We're not going to entertain this issue.

Team Sergeant