PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bowden Book Signing Tomorrow Night.

haztacmedic
06-01-2006, 19:23
Mark Bowden is scheduled to be at the Airborne and Special Operations museum (Fayettville, NC) tomorrow night 1800hrs to sign copies of his new book " Guests of the Ayatolla" Im going to make the drive up there to get his signature. Just wondering if any one else from PS.com is planning to attend?

It would be great to meet some of you but Im not the type to go around asking strangers if they are members of PS.com!!

Any way, Im looking foward to the experience and a new book to read!

haztacmedic
06-02-2006, 21:41
Not a bad night. Mr. Bowden was very switched on. I saw one QP in the crowd and a bunch of other rugged types out of uniform. My wife and I kept hearing the "D" word thrown about quite a bit by members of the audience.

The ASOM museum is definitely worth a visit as well.

TitratetoEffect
06-03-2006, 19:55
Met Mr. Bowden tonight at Barnes and Noble and picked up his new book. He gave a little overview of the book and a question and answer session prior to the signing. Looking forward to a good read!

haztacmedic
06-04-2006, 11:50
My reading is going well so far. I remember hearing about Eagle Claw the morning after in grade school...Im no SME on hostage rescue by a long shot but in all the reading I did about this OP...I believe Col. Beckwith could have pulled it off if he had the rides in and out .

Sweetbriar
06-04-2006, 19:51
Bowden was on live CSPAN2 Booknotes program "In-Depth" today at noon. Repeats at midnight Eastern. It's a three hour program - first hour was his new book about the '79 Iran hostage situation, the second was Blackhawk Down, and the third was open questions.