PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle help

Maytime
05-23-2006, 00:15
Anyone who knows about motorcycles, I'm in a bit of a bind (no pun intended).

I picked up an old Honda CB from a friend, and it was very hard to push. I removed the front wheel and found that the culprit was the front disc brake caliper, clamped down on the rotor. I checked the brake fluid in the reservoir located on the right handgrip, and it was a bit low. Is that the problem or is there something more serious?

Normally I would just go out and buy some brake fluid, but since I don't have the title to the bike (if it still exists), I'm hesitant to invest in it.

Thanks a bunch

Eagle5US
05-23-2006, 08:07
Anyone who knows about motorcycles, I'm in a bit of a bind (no pun intended).

I picked up an old Honda CB from a friend, and it was very hard to push. I removed the front wheel and found that the culprit was the front disc brake caliper, clamped down on the rotor. I checked the brake fluid in the reservoir located on the right handgrip, and it was a bit low. Is that the problem or is there something more serious?

Normally I would just go out and buy some brake fluid, but since I don't have the title to the bike (if it still exists), I'm hesitant to invest in it.

Thanks a bunch
Bleed the fluid out of the line...the caliper may have siezed due to a vaccuum bubble that got into the piston cylender. Bleed the line while refilling until there are no additional sputters in your fluid stream. Should do the trick.

Eagle

Maytime
05-23-2006, 14:25
Wilco, thanks Eagle.