PDA

View Full Version : Stretching

dmgedgoods
05-21-2006, 19:03
I have searched this site for any stretching info I can find, and have had minimal success.
Long story short, I have heard conflicting arguments on the need for stretching. I stretch as much as possible, but have heard that stretching can INCREASE your risk of stress fractures. I have read reports from both sides, and am confused, to say the least. Stretching has always been an integral part of PT for me, starting at BCT. As previously stated, I stretch as much as possible...might stretching too much be a problem?

Thank you for any response,
McD

Kyobanim
05-21-2006, 20:32
Try looking here. (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9663&highlight=stretching)

Just so you know, I searched on stretching.

Kyobanim
05-21-2006, 20:36
I have searched this site for any stretching info I can find, and have had minimal success.
Long story short, I have heard conflicting arguments on the need for stretching. I stretch as much as possible, but have heard that stretching can INCREASE your risk of stress fractures. I have read reports from both sides, and am confused, to say the least. Stretching has always been an integral part of PT for me, starting at BCT. As previously stated, I stretch as much as possible...might stretching too much be a problem?

Thank you for any response,
McD

The only bad stretch is one that hurts. If a stretch hurts, don't stretch that far or don't do it. Pain is an indicator of a problem and stretching to the point of pain is just plain wrong.

You can't stretch too much. But you can stretch wrong. (see comment on pain above).

dmgedgoods
05-21-2006, 20:39
Apologies for lack of SA. I searched and even saw the Army Combatives, neglecting the info for its title.
Once more, sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for the great information.

McD