Warrior-Mentor
05-10-2006, 10:56
"You become what you think about."

Any idea why I put it in here?

(no answer required).

Roguish Lawyer
05-10-2006, 20:33

Damn, so I'm going to grow huge breasts, long blonde hair and become a hot chick?

NousDefionsDoc
05-10-2006, 20:49
Damn, so I'm going to grow huge breasts, long blonde hair and become a hot chick?
No, that would be, "You look like you shoot."

NousDefionsDoc
05-10-2006, 20:58

Any idea why I put it in here?

(no answer required).
Back when I was in training to be a CAP, when I would PT, I would try to keep an image of a flash in my mind. I didn't know a lot about SF then, so I visualized a 5th Group flash. I found I could go a little further or do a few more reps when I did.

The Reaper
05-10-2006, 21:06
Back when I was in training to be a CAP, when I would PT, I would try to keep an image of a flash in my mind. I didn't know a lot about SF then, so I visualized a 5th Group flash. I found I could go a little further or do a few more reps when I did.

Imagine how much further or how many more reps you could have done if you visualized a 7th Group flash.:lifter
TR

NousDefionsDoc
05-10-2006, 21:08
Imagine how much further or how many more reps you could have done if you visualized a 7th Group flash.:lifter
TR
My education in the formative years was severly lacking Sir (Leg Father). Fortunately I was able to see the error of my ways and reform. In my defense, it was the Vietnam-era flash.:)

jatx
05-10-2006, 22:08
Funny, WM, I have a variant of that myself:

"We become what we pretend to be."

- Whether by emulating someone we respect
- Or by striving to be worthy of emulation by those that respect us
- Or by doggedly hanging onto a dream that nobody else believes in

If you continue to invest yourself in that one vision, sooner or later you will arrive to find yourself the person that you imagined at the start of your journey.

Thanks for all the inspirational posts. :)

magician
05-11-2006, 02:28
Visualization can be more than just a form of rehearsal.

:)

Sweetbriar
05-11-2006, 20:25
I know that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he, but Job said that the thing he so greatly feared had come upon him. Have you noticed whether people desperately afraid of failing tend to fail? I understand that desire to succeed contains the aversion to failure, but for some the definition of success seems to be only avoiding failure - in other words, the primary focus is "don't fail, don't fail". Is that focus an indicator for eventual failure?

Warrior-Mentor
05-11-2006, 21:08
It is.

Here's why...your subconscious doesn't hear the word "don't".

That's why you MUST not tell yourself "Don't Quit" ...because that's what you'll do.

Instead, tell yourself "KEEP GOING."

Warrior-Mentor
05-11-2006, 21:09
TR

x2! :lifter

Gypsy
05-11-2006, 21:16
..... in other words, the primary focus is "don't fail, don't fail". Is that focus an indicator for eventual failure?

From my personal perspective only, that is to say for *me*, I prefer to reinforce the positive....ie: I am succeeding/I will succeed in whatever I'm doing vice "don't fail/I won't fail etc" which is still putting a perceived negative thought in the mind.

I cannot admit to perfection in this thought process...I'm always a work in progress...but when I truly focus in this manner I realize more positive results for myself.

12B4S
05-12-2006, 01:04

For me, just after arriving at Bragg, on Smoke Bomb Hill, was the few trips down the hill and through the woods to gram....... wait. Got carried away. Anyway to the PX. Just seeing some of the guys wearing the Beret and Crest, having completed and survived Phase 1, was and inspiration. For one, I had NO idea what it would be like!! I just knew, my first goal, was to get there. :)