PDA

View Full Version : Need input on

18Ddave
05-09-2006, 14:01
I am looking to purchase some conversion bolts and barrels for force on force marking rounds i.e. Simunitions, UTM, etc. I do not want to purchase the 9mm Simunition items. They suck. The magazines break and wear n tear too easy. You also cannot use the uppers with the rail systems for lights and other M4 gizmos. Lastly, they are not very accurate. My questions are; does anybody have any experiences working with the newer 556 Simuntion rounds (w/ conversion bolt) or the Ultimate Training Munition, Man Marker Rounds (w/ conversion bolt)? What do you think? What are the pros and cons for the system you have used? I like the fact that you can use regular mags and the complete weapon system without f-in with the sights or rail system. I want to make sure my guys get the most realistic and durable items. Any input is appreciated.
Thanx
dave

The Reaper
05-09-2006, 14:05
I have shot the Sims 5.56 rounds, they ran well and are more accurate than the 9mm Sims. Theoretically, though, they require upgraded safety gear.

The UTM is hot, and contains a metal pellet, but some users prefer it. I think part of that may also be the relative ease of obtaining the UTM as opposed toi the Sims. Once they are sued a few times, they may change as well. At least they do not make a lethal round capable of being chambered in a non-lethal conversion, but nothing is foolproof.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

18Ddave
05-11-2006, 15:29
Thanx Reaper. Just got a price quote for 84 bolts and M9 barrels...that sh-t aint cheap!
Anybody else have any R&D/AAR info on any type of sim stuff?
dave

Team Sergeant
05-11-2006, 19:04
18Ddave,

Reaper is a Sims instructor, as am I and a few others on here.... I've not used the UTM so I will not comment, but I would listen to Reaper concerning advice.;)

Team Sergeant