PDA

View Full Version : zarqawi can't shoot!

Maytime
05-04-2006, 11:43
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194260,00.html

U.S. Military Releases Video Showing Zarqawi Unable to Work Gun

HAHAHHA

Maybe this should be in the comedy zone?

Texian
05-04-2006, 13:45
I've just seen that too! What a twerp!

dedeppm
05-04-2006, 15:52
I like when he muzzle sweeps his subordinate standing to his left... :rolleyes: I wonder if you still get the 72 virgins if you get "martyred" by your enlightened leader's accidental discharge...

Monsoon65
05-04-2006, 17:09
They said one of his knuckleheads grabs the weapon by the hot barrel and burns his hand, too!

Bet he only does that once!

kgoerz
05-04-2006, 17:43
Is that a M249 SAW in the video and is the other Weapon an M-4 with a M203 Launcher. Internet is choppy and slow here. If so.... those weapons were probably taken off of dead American Soldiers. No I am not on there side!!! But seeing those weapons in their hands did not amuse me at all.

Kyobanim
05-04-2006, 18:08
Is that a M249 SAW in the video and is the other Weapon an M-4 with a M203 Launcher. Internet is choppy and slow here. If so.... those weapons were probably taken off of dead American Soldiers. No I am not on there side!!! But seeing those weapons in their hands did not amuse me at all.

You are correct on that observation.

kgoerz
05-04-2006, 18:35
If you went in the Pentagon and grabbed ten Generals I wonder how many of them could operate a M249. We did a Demo one time of a house take down for some top Generals from DC. All live fire CQB and Explosives. They were up on a Catwalk observing the House takedown. One of them asked how we got the Weapons to cycle without Blank Adaptors. They couldn't believe we were firing live rounds. That video is on every major Web Sight and it's people like us here who observe the details, this board keeps me sane. It's a video for Civilians to think the Enemy is stupid.

NousDefionsDoc
05-04-2006, 18:43
Besides what kg said, I will add that he is a man that has more than a few willing to die for him. He was a will and has stayed to fight after others left. He is a True Believer and that makes him dangerous. When you have people willing to strap on an explosive vest and run into a mess hall, you don't need to be an SME on the SAW.

Che wasn't much of a soldier either, but he sure inspired a bunch of bad MFers.

jbour13
05-04-2006, 18:46
Besides what kg said, I will add that he is a man that has more than a few willing to die for him. He was a will and has stayed to fight after others left. He is a True Believer and that makes him dangerous. When you have people willing to strap on an explosive vest and run into a mess hall, you don't need to be an SME on the SAW.

Che wasn't much of a soldier either, but he sure inspired a bunch of bad MFers.

On target NDD.....well said!

dedeppm
05-04-2006, 19:36
I've noticed that nobody has mentioned zarqawi as an effective insurgency leader on that particular thread. I'm well aware that he has not actually defeated any coalition forces on the field of battle, but does he really have to? It would seem that "our" media is portraying him as the victor and he is doing an excellent job of playing that image up in the media. In a modern battlefield, is the ability to successfully manipulate the media an essential combat skill? Not trying to bait anyone here or defend what zarqawi has done, but he seems to have been effective thus far. His approval rating in the arab world is probably higher than our CINC's approval rating in this country. Of course, that may simply be saying something about the Arab "street." Sorry for rambling, this post is kind of all over the board. Just interested in the opinions of those who have more real-world experience than myself.

NousDefionsDoc
05-04-2006, 20:09
I've noticed that nobody has mentioned zarqawi as an effective insurgency leader on that particular thread. I'm well aware that he has not actually defeated any coalition forces on the field of battle, but does he really have to? It would seem that "our" media is portraying him as the victor and he is doing an excellent job of playing that image up in the media. In a modern battlefield, is the ability to successfully manipulate the media an essential combat skill? Not trying to bait anyone here or defend what zarqawi has done, but he seems to have been effective thus far. His approval rating in the arab world is probably higher than our CINC's approval rating in this country. Of course, that may simply be saying something about the Arab "street." Sorry for rambling, this post is kind of all over the board. Just interested in the opinions of those who have more real-world experience than myself.
Do your research, then statrt a new thread and we will discuss it if you wish. You are making many assumptions, many of them I believe to be false. Manipulation of the media is the tool, not the objective.

danielman
05-07-2006, 19:02
I have seen on CNN footage that he had trouble with his weapon. But I think that most leaders in such a high position, even American Generals don't know how to properly use a weapon, they know how to bark orders and show up at meetings, and blah, blah, blah.
I am going to SFAS come October, and I can't wait, man do I wanna pass so bad. I had a bad experience last time because my wife fell ill and I had to go. Anyways, I must be on my way.

The Reaper
05-07-2006, 19:24
I have seen on CNN footage that he had trouble with his weapon. But I think that most leaders in such a high position, even American Generals don't know how to properly use a weapon, they know how to bark orders and show up at meetings, and blah, blah, blah.
I am going to SFAS come October, and I can't wait, man do I wanna pass so bad. I had a bad experience last time because my wife fell ill and I had to go. Anyways, I must be on my way.

I doubt that you know many American Generals.

You lacked the SA to read before posting here, or to introduce yourself in the proper place.

You have jumped in with both feet on this site. I hope that you prepare for SFAS better than you started off here. You may only get one shot, make it your best.

You have been assessed here, and found wanting.

This is not the profile that you want to post on PS.com.

Date of Birth:
September 21, 1980
Biography:
I am in the Army and am going to try out for SFAS, hopefully I can make it to SFQC, and then I'd like to try out for Delta Force and eventually become a mercenary. If you want to know more please ask me, I'm nice PERIOD!
Served in the following units.:
1-68 AR BN, 3RD CAV, 1ID 4-3 ADA BN, now I am in 101MI BN which will soon change.
Interests:
gym, ruckmarching, school is the most important, and computers
74D-Chemical
How did you hear about Professional Soldiers?:
Yahoo

As far as you making it through SF to Delta and eventually becoming a mercenary, I doubt that you are going to make it through SFAS.

Goodbye, and have a very SF Day.

TR

Warrior-Mentor
05-08-2006, 14:09
We did a Demo for some top Generals from DC. All live fire CQB and Explosives. One of them asked how we got the Weapons to cycle without Blank Adaptors.

Bwaaahhh. :rolleyes:

QRQ 30
05-08-2006, 14:21
Leaders are judged by what their troops do, not by what they can do.
I doubt Vince Lombardi could throw a football on target or tackle Jimmy Brown.

I used to say that I believed nothing I hear and 1/2 of what I see. When it comes to video in this electronic age I believe less and less of what I see. I've seen singing fish, flying donkeys and dancing pigs.:D

SRT31B
05-08-2006, 20:56
Yes, leaders are judged by what the unit does, or fails to do. They are responsible for what happens though often they are not directly involved. The unit however, is often a reflection of the leadership. My 1SG doesn't do a lot of the grunt work, but he makes sure all the joes are squared away and know whats going on (and when needed puts a foot in the 4th point of contact). He is a squared away soldier and it shows in the rest of the unit. Some leaders... not so good. That too shows in their soldiers.