PDA

View Full Version : Nightstalkers?

CMC713
05-03-2006, 19:48
I would like to know if anyone has information about a unit called the "Nightstalkers". They had done some operations in Berlin back in the early 1970s and had also done some operations in Vietnam post-war. If anyone has any information I would certainly appreciate it.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-03-2006, 19:57
Where exactly did you come across this information and what type of unit were they supposed to be?

CMC713
05-03-2006, 20:03
Im just interested in learning about a story i had heard, and from what I know they were a LRP (sp?) in vietnam.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-03-2006, 20:09
The only Nightstaklers that I know of that are a legitimate organization is TF-160th which is Army Special Operations Air Regiment. The statement that some LRRP pulled off something in Berlin in the 70s sounds like a wild tale to me. As far as LRRPs in Vietnam, they called themselves any number of names. I even know of an armored infantry regiment in Germany known as the Rangers but have nothing in common with Rangers with the exception that they are an infantry unit. Sounds like the story you heard is just that, a story.

CMC713
05-03-2006, 20:11
Now Im thinking it was more of a self given name rather than the official. thanks much, seems I've reached a dead end, will continue to search other methods.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-03-2006, 20:13
Now Im thinking it was more of a self given name rather than the official.

It would seem to be so. Now as to where and from whom you heard about this unit?

CMC713
05-03-2006, 20:23
a brief remark by a teacher of mine.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
05-03-2006, 20:31

The reason why I am so interested in the source of your information is that there are, unfortunately, folks who like to spin yarns about things that they do not know a whole lot about. Unfortunately the yarns that they spin often are uninformed, are full of false heroics, acts that would never have happened and tend to discredit folks who have served their country with courage and honor with sacrifices that those who like to tell tales will never understand. Now, if this teacher is one of those tellers of tales I would certainly like to know more about him, what context he told the tale in, and whether or not it is has anything at all to do with Special Operations Forces. If on the other hand you want to continue to play games and not answer my question completely and honestly feel free to go elsewhere.

The Reaper
05-03-2006, 20:31

You had a teacher who talked about military special operations?

You must have gone to an unusual school.

Where did you go to school and what was the subject this was discussed in?

Did he claim to have been a "Nightstalker" himself?

TR

CMC713
05-03-2006, 20:38
i go to a technical school and am in a law enforcement class. he has never gone into specifics at all but in the 4 years that Ive spent in the class hes only hinted at a few tidbits. He was a police officer for 20 years and was in special forces. the only thing he talks about in his career is his police career, when we ask him about his military career he snears and does the "if i told you Id have to kill you" look. he only mentioned the nightstalker and how we wont find anything on them.

Ambush Master
05-03-2006, 20:48
he only mentioned the nightstalker and how we wont find anything on them.

#1 HIT on GOOGLE!!!!!

http://www.nightstalkers.com/

Ask this "Teacher?!?!" to join us in here!!

And, you might just tell him that we said for him to have a VERY SF DAY!!!

Later.
Martin

CMC713
05-03-2006, 20:50
he mentioned the aviation unit and said that wasnt it. so ill have to interogate him more, which usually doenst work

Team Sergeant
05-04-2006, 08:01
when we ask him about his military career he snears and does the "if i told you Id have to kill you" look. he only mentioned the nightstalker and how we wont find anything on them.

That's because he is a poser, a wannabe, a complete phoney.

TS

And the next time you post you'd better use proper grammer ie; upper and lower case letters where appropriate, there will be no second warning.

Five-O
05-05-2006, 05:31
CMC713,

First rule of law enforcement......all the people you talk to are lying to you. There is a book titled, "Never Be Lied To Again." I suggest you buy it and read it if you are interested in a LE career.

keith
05-05-2006, 05:42
CMC713,

First rule of law enforcement......all the people you talk to are lying to you.

What? No!

one-zero
05-05-2006, 12:58
CMC713,

First rule of law enforcement......all the people you talk to are lying to you. There is a book titled, "Never Be Lied To Again." I suggest you buy it and read it if you are intersted in a LE career.

ADMIN/Mods: please hide this thread immediately lest the women-folk see it!!