PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ

Mick Strider
05-03-2006, 12:03
Sorry if i posted this in the wrong zone......

http://www.herefordjournal.com/news/publish/article_11942.php

Friends,

Some months ago someone entered the church of St Martin’s in Hereford (UK) and removed the SAS Regiments book of condolence.

This book is very precious, the Regiment, the church and the families and friends of those buried in the church want it back.

We would appreciate being notified should anyone hear about this book being offered for sale. Together we need to make it impossible for the person responsible for this despicable act to benefit from their deed.

We can arrange for the book to be returned without questions being asked although the police and other ‘parties’ are actively engaged in the recovery of this irreplaceable book.

If the person responsible for removing the book is reading this I would ask you to please search your conscience, this is a trinket to you. It is much more than that to the families and friends of those on extended patrol.

If anyone has any information regarding the book please contact me at: hktrooper@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you

Team Sergeant
05-03-2006, 12:08
It's fine Mick.

We'll put it up as a "Sticky".

You can tell our British brothers in arms we'll do whatever we can to help.

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
05-03-2006, 12:11
Absolutely. That is some low shit.

And don't be a stranger here, like you were at SHOT.

I will be looking for you at Blade.

TR

Bill Harsey
05-03-2006, 12:54
Thanks Mick.

It's about time you checked in around here.

Razor
05-03-2006, 14:41
Feel free to hang out here for lighter conversation, too; you're always welcome.

Mick Strider
05-04-2006, 09:33
Feel free to hang out here for lighter conversation, too; you're always welcome.

Are you crazy?
(don't answer that)

ya'll scare me!

m

CPTAUSRET
05-04-2006, 09:42
Mick:

I'll echo what everyone said, don't be a stranger.

Terry

Team Sergeant
05-04-2006, 09:48
Are you crazy?
(don't answer that)

ya'll scare me!

m

You heard the motto:

"We do bad things to BAD people."

No worries.;)

TS

12B4S
05-16-2006, 22:37
Absolutely. That is some low shit.

TR

Just came across this Sticky. Every way I wanted to describe what has happened, wasn't fit for this site. I'll just quote TR.

I spent three weeks with SAS in Hereford, in the summer of 1970, Astro navigation training. We didn't have the GPS gizmos back then. ;)

My Team worked with the SAS quite a bit. Outstanding professional soldiers. I remember St Martin's Church. It is incredible. If I'm thinking about the right church. It is huge. Some of the SAS guys were going to take us in there, we just never got around to it.

I pray this/these low life pukes are found.

POO
07-20-2006, 05:55
Just found this thread. I hope these edit try and sell that book on eBay. Best way to catch them. That IS some low shit. The nerve of some people. To actually go inside the church and swipe the book, took a lot balls. Hey edit while you're at it why not just go ahead and piss on thier graves, b/c that's essentially what you're doing by taking the book. I worked with some dudes of the British version of our Rangers in Iraq, good lads.

Shameful.

Five-O
07-20-2006, 07:54
Hard to believe the SAS would let that one slip past the goalie. On a good note the list of suspects (I imagine) is relatively small. Hope they find it intact soon and the person(s) responsible dealt with appropriately.

x-factor
04-13-2007, 22:27
I think thats one of the most despicable things i've ever heard of. Good hunting.

Odd Job
10-27-2007, 05:08
I don't know if the book has been found or not, and I of course agree that it must be a particularly odious kind of scum who took it, but I must add one tidbit of info (for those who may get the opportunity to reacquire it by financial means):

Do not advertise that intent here in the UK.

Let me tell you a little story. A consultant radiologist with a personal digital library of trauma cases and various research materials had a laptop stolen out of his car very near to where I work here in London.
As in the case of the memorial book, the concern was not the value of the medium (the laptop) but the sentimental/intellectual value of the data thereon.
He was not interested in going after the thief but desperately wanted the data back. There were teaching and presentation materials on the laptop.

So he advertised locally and in the community papers that he would be willing to pay for the laptop, no questions asked. He left his cel/mobile number and his name.

He got a call from the police saying that if he did in fact make contact with the thief and paid for the return of his laptop, he could be arrested for handling stolen goods.

:rolleyes:

Seraph
10-27-2007, 10:42
Sickening in a word

This petty theft mentality is rife here in the UK, as I'm sure Oddjob would concur.
People die for the sake of a few coins and an out of date nokia. Sad reality.