PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya Vs. Mayorga?

Texian
04-29-2006, 01:15
Which of the two do you believe might win?

I'm leaning towards Mayorga. He has a vicious mindset and has a way of psyching his opponents into getting thrashed. However, I believe there's a chance De La Hoya could win the belt and shut this guys trap.

Croooz
05-03-2006, 19:55
Mayorga has already gotten into DeLaHoya's head. I don't believe Hoya has recovered from his losses. The Vargas fight was a decent test but this time Vargas didn't have "chemical" assistance. We'll see.....I'm going with Mayorga but since this is boxing there'll probably a Hoya/Mayorga 3 before it's all said and done.

Peekay80
05-06-2006, 20:42
As much as I'd like to say De La Hoya is washed up, especially after he let me down a few fights in row, he is a far better fighter than Mayorga. Why you say? Its not the belt that makes a champion, its the mindset, and all the false bravado in the world is not going to protect Mayorga in the late rounds.

That being said, if De La Hoya goes down, disregard, I'm an idiot, and I give up on boxing.

My boxing predictions 0-4. I'm due a victory.

MtnGoat
05-07-2006, 07:48
Man I would have to say like everyone here, I thought De La Hoya was washed up, well he just kicked us in our Balls. First round De just came out fighting and after that he really didn't stop rolling. Really some nice fighting last night. I thought it was going to be one of those Pay-for-view BS tickets. Two rounds and done, your eggs are ready.
This went 6 rounds with this round being the best. De came out slow and like a train he built up some speed - MF TKO - NO he flattened Mayorga just like he had done in the opening minute. De La Hoya never let up - great fight hopefully U didn't miss it. Wife wished we had a party for this one. Damn the bad luck.