PDA

View Full Version : Guard transfer

Comnenus
04-25-2006, 12:12
Hi, I'm an 11B who recently joined the Va National Guard (just got back from OSUT a few months ago). I didn't realize the guard had an SF option open to non-prior guys like me.

What I was wondering is, is it to late for me to apply to the 20th Group in MD or NC, or do I have to finish my time here in VA? I was told that I would likely have to interview and test with the respective groups, but I can't seem to find an answer about my time with my current unit.

If it helps in knowing, I'm an E-4, thanks to my four year degree.

If it is possible, what kind of obstacles can I expect?

Surgicalcric
04-25-2006, 15:16
The short answer to your question is yes; you can Inter-State Transfer to either the NC or MD NG. You would need to contact the unit which you wish to transfer to and speak with their recruiter. The POC for both units is posted as a sticky in the NG SF Groups forum. You should find it there.

HTH,

Crip

Slantwire
04-25-2006, 16:38
What I was wondering is, is it to late for me to apply to the 20th Group in MD or NC, or do I have to finish my time here in VA? I was told that I would likely have to interview and test with the respective groups, but I can't seem to find an answer about my time with my current unit.

Not a QP, but I spent the day at MEPS and am one waiver shy of being an NQP REP-63 with B/2/20. They have try-outs for folks in-service who want to join them; the last one was this month, I don't know when the next one will be (October?). If you like, I can give you a contact number for their recruiter and you can get the skinny from him.

Petelink
05-09-2006, 05:28
Man that's a bummer, I feel for you. Virginia tried to screw me like that. That was when they still had the company at AP Hill, the recruiter told me I had to go to a regular unit first, then volunteer for SF and that it was the same in the other states. Total lie. Apparently Virginia did have a rule against SF REP-63s, but Maryland was no problem. Luckily I found out before I handed in the paper work at MEPS in Richmond, it was all signed and ready to go for 12B when I found out he had lied to me. PM if you have questions about B/2/20, I don't know much about the company in NC, a couple of the guys from that unit were instructors in the delta course and were defintely good dudes. Good luck!

Pete

Loadsmasher
06-07-2006, 20:48
I am an Air Force reservist who is looking to transfer into the 20th. I have been in contact with MSGT Aaron Edwards and have the information sheet filled out and my copies of paper work ready to go. I just want to make sure that I'm dealing with the correct person, especially with the sensitive personal information I'm sending. I'm sure it sounds a little paranoid but you can't be too careful when it comes to personal security.

Thanks

Surgicalcric
06-08-2006, 04:42
...I have been in contact with MSGT Aaron Edwards ... I just want to make sure that I'm dealing with the correct person...

MSG E is the person to talk to. I can personally name 3 guys from this board alone he has enlisted into 20th Group. He will take care of you.

Crip

Loadsmasher
06-08-2006, 08:42
MSG E is the person to talk to. I can personally name 3 guys from this board alone he has enlisted into 20th Group. He will take care of you.

Crip

Thanks for the reassurance, Surgicalcric. I was looking at this 14 page document that had everything necessary to more than just steal my identity, when I asked myself "how hard would it be to clone an official looking e-mail server?"
Once again, this board has provided me with info I could not have gotten anywhere else.

(Didn't know that your signature from your posts was only for authorized users, I won't forget. Thanks for the heads up Pinhead)

A2-20_Recruiter
06-11-2006, 20:24
I can further assure you that MSG Edwards is the guy you need to be talking to. I recruit for A 2-20th SFG (Illinois and surrounding) and owe several enlistments to MSG E. If you contact him and live near Illinois, I'll be the guy giving you a call. Trust that your information is secure if you are giving it to him.