PDA

View Full Version : “Honk for Peace”

Team Sergeant
04-22-2006, 15:56
Phoenix, today…………

I went down to the local mall today, busy place this time of day. I was sitting at a very crowded intersection, maybe 40-60 vehicles from all directions. (12 lanes of traffic)

Anti-war protesters on every corner holding signs “Honk for Peace” walking around for all to see.

I turned off the radio to listen.....

There was nothing but silence for the few minutes I sat waiting for the lights to change. (Never heard one honking horn coming or going.)

Maybe people do get it…… I was amazed.

TS

Bill Harsey
04-22-2006, 19:43
Aint nobody gonna honk when some highly focused bubba is scanning the field thru the sites of a big bore sidearm.

Gypsy
04-22-2006, 19:55
LOL Mr. H, good point.

Silence speaks louder than words...in this case that's all good.

NousDefionsDoc
04-22-2006, 20:39
Admit it! You gave them the Team Sergeant stare and they were all afraid to honk...

Team Sergeant
04-22-2006, 20:44
Admit it! You gave them the Team Sergeant stare and they were all afraid to honk...

I was not alone, I was being as nice as I could be. ;)

NousDefionsDoc
04-22-2006, 20:49
I was not alone, I was being as nice as I could be. ;)
In the immortal words of the Colonel - "Uh huh.":)

Bill Harsey
04-22-2006, 20:50
In the immortal words of the Colonel - "Uh huh.":)
+1

Goggles Pizano
04-22-2006, 21:19
Sorry to say TS that the anti war knuckleheads are out every day in my city with the "honk for peace" signs (and in this liberal state they play to the crowd). I usually respond with the "your number one!" sign but that tends to piss them off for some reason! :D

dedeppm
04-22-2006, 21:54
we get these idiots across the street from my apartment every few weeks, always on a saturday morning. Tell you what, nothing makes a hangover worse than being woken up by a bunch of fat hippies chanting a bunch of moronic tripe about "blood for oil" and our "war criminal president."

The good news is, I live in one of those increasingly rare environments: a politically conservative college town (well, the students and the townies at least). It's hilarious to see the verbal abuse these people get from a bunch of still-drunk conservative frat guys. I guess I don't really mind them being out there; it's kind of entertaining and I certainly don't think they get much sympathy from the locals.

TFM
04-23-2006, 01:24
They call that kind of crap protest. It is equivalent to a domestic disturbance. They don't even know how to effectively use their right to be a pain in the ass. :rolleyes:

12B4S
04-23-2006, 04:06
Well damn TS! When is the next one? I'll meet ya. It seems the past couple years, 24Th St and Camelback is the place to be for the 10,20 or so buttholes that show up. Gawd, how I love fu**k*n with those folks. My resume' will show about 30 years. Got good at it. Practice, practice, practice. ;)

12B4S
04-23-2006, 04:38
This thread just made some old SF training come back to me. Not sure if I should post it here though. Had to do with .... well messing up demonstrations and such anywhere. It's pretty basic, but better check with the homeowners of this site first. ;)

TitratetoEffect
04-23-2006, 07:43
TS,

Next time a peace demonstration breaks out in your neighborhood... try this!:D
Pisses them off more than The Finger. Replace that annoying singing and chanting with coughing and gasping.

www.pepperball.com

Phil

Team Sergeant
04-23-2006, 08:47
TS,

Pisses them off more than The Finger. Replace that annoying singing and chanting with coughing and gasping.

www.pepperball.com

Phil

Non-lethal is wonderful, for LEO's.
I prefer the mashing of fingers and the breaking of legs, thats non-lethal and has a lingering effect.:D

Kyobanim
04-23-2006, 09:11
Anti-war protesters on every corner holding signs “Honk for Peace” walking around for all to see.

What ever happened to "honk if you're horny"?

tk27
04-23-2006, 10:54
Reminds me of this bumper sticker

The Reaper
04-23-2006, 14:29
TS,

www.pepperball.com

Phil

That will get you arrested.

Now a little CS powder, squirted out of a bottle as you casually pass by will be a lot more fun as they stomp around in it.

Not that I have ever done anything like that.

TR

Air.177
04-23-2006, 19:10
I just saw a Sign on the side of I-35 near Alliance Airport (north of Fort Worth, South of Denton) Giant Billboard that reads: Alliance Texas Welcomes Dyncorp.

I found it mildly amusing.

Warrior-Mentor
04-23-2006, 22:25
On the same note as the pepperballs...a wrist rocket with whopper candies is another option...not that I've done it.

Ironically, this is my 666th post. :eek:

groundup
04-23-2006, 23:02
Using "honk for ______" is just plain wrong. I am not honking for them, I am honking to get them the F out of my way. I hate having protests in my way. Usually I am not the first car to the scene so I can't use the power of my V12 to clear a path so I just get stuck in traffic. Being native to NJ, I am born with road rage in my blood.

I just ignore protests - that is the best way to get rid of them. My brother and his friends (18 and under) like to go pick fights which I think is just stupid. That is what they want. The news will read "Young Soldiers start riot with war protesters this morning. Not unusual, 6 babies of mixed Middle Eastern and SE Asian decent were mauled and killed. The Police then used mustard gas and napalm to disperse the crowd while not harming the Soldier. Cindy Sheehan was also on the scene."

Goggles Pizano
04-24-2006, 09:14
Being native to NJ, I am born with road rage in my blood.

"

...and a lack of directional sense (must be the circles)! :D

TitratetoEffect
04-24-2006, 16:20
CS powder......yes, I'll keep that in mind for future, uh, operations....

Maytime
04-24-2006, 16:59
I wear this t-shirt around proudly around campus, especially when a protest occurs. The looks on their flowery faces are priceless.

phalanx50
04-25-2006, 00:07
I always wanted a bumper sticker that said "HONK FOR ROAD RAGE".

jake