PDA

View Full Version : Phony doctor arrested after fake breast exams

SF18C
04-21-2006, 00:10
You gotta be kiddin' (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/states/florida/counties/broward_county/14380228.htm)

Posted on Wed, Apr. 19, 2006

Phony doctor arrested after fake breast exams
By Miami Herald staff
browardnews@MiamiHerald.com

Broward Sheriff's Office deputies arrested a 76-year-old man Thursday who they say was going door-to-door in a Lauderdale Lakes neighborhood offering free breast exams.

Two women accepted the exams, BSO officials said.

At about 9 a.m., BSO investigators say, Philip Winikoff drove to an apartment complex near the 3200 block of Northwest 40th Street. Carrying a black ''doctor's'' bag, he walked up to the building and told a 36-year-old woman that he was in the neighborhood offering free breast exams.

The woman let Winikoff, of Coconut Creek, into her apartment and the phony doctor began the exam. The woman told police that after Winikoff touched her breasts, he moved his hand to her genitals and further assaulted her. Realizing he was not a doctor, she called BSO, but Winikoff had already left her apartment and found another victim; a 33-year-old woman in the same complex.

Deputies found Winikoff on Northwest 40th Street and arrested him.

Investigators say the second victim told them a similar story -- that Winikoff presented himself as a doctor and was in the area giving free breast exams. Again, the woman let Winikoff into her apartment and again, he sexually assaulted her.

Investigators believe Winikoff has likely victimized other women who may be embarrassed about coming forward.

I wonder if he charged them for his "service".

brewmonkey
04-21-2006, 01:26
I am not sure which of the lot is the dumbest. The phony doc or those who fell for such an obvious scheme. When was the last time you saw a doctor going door to door? I wonder if they got a free vacuum with each exam?

Kyobanim
04-21-2006, 05:38
I wonder if they got a free vacuum with each exam?

Maybe the "doctor" did.

I can't believe I just said that.

:D

TFM
04-21-2006, 09:02
That is hilarious. That's my hometown too. Those women have to be some of the dumbest people on the planet. What's next free pap smears.:D