PDA

View Full Version : Russian SF

Wiseman
04-05-2006, 21:02
This video contains history of Russian SF, clips of their instructors teaching and interviews. In addition to that they show a bit of non contact fighting, which seems very unreal. There appears to be a US SF guy in the video too, watching the demonstrations and a Marine in civies also watching. I'm sorry there are no subtitles but it is interesting to watch.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=97LJ0X6S

The video is 45 minutes long and is 232 mb in size.

Wiseman
04-06-2006, 18:53
What did you think of the contactless fighting? The part where the instructor made the soldier fall by doing nothing?

rubberneck
04-06-2006, 19:13
I didn't download the video but I am pretty sure the contactless fighting is systema. If the video you linked is one that I am thinking about it is a total load of crap and the grandmaster in the video (who was 80 lbs overweight) wouldn't last 10 seconds with an opponent that had any clue.

Sorry I don't believe that any human being can defeat another in close combat by avoiding contact except for Chuck Norris. He just scares people to death.

jatx
04-06-2006, 19:24
Sorry I don't believe that any human being can defeat another in close combat by avoiding contact except for Chuck Norris. He just scares people to death.

Now that you've invoked his name, you have to draw blood. :)

Wiseman
04-06-2006, 19:35
rubberneck,

There were no overweight instructors in the video and systema was never mentioned in it.

rubberneck
04-06-2006, 20:55
rubberneck,

There were no overweight instructors in the video and systema was never mentioned in it.

As I said in my first post I didn't download the video.

TFM
04-07-2006, 00:39
What did you think of the contactless fighting?

This statement is an oxymoron. In the US Army, we train to destroy the enemy. This is not possible by evasion alone. Thump em and dump em.

TFM