PDA

View Full Version : Holster subsizing

BrianH
04-04-2006, 21:41
I'm a complete dolt. I'll admit it.

However, I've finally completed my research and am going to buy a thigh rig holster, the Eagle Mk V Airborne. However, on the website I am purchasing from they ask for a "subsize", either right or left. I am inclined to assume that the subsize refers to which hand one would operate with, but the default is "left". I'd rather ask you guys before I open a peanut filled box full of wrong holster.

Thanks in advance.

The Reaper
04-04-2006, 21:53
Fortunately, if you can get free between 0800 and 1500 or so tomorrow, you can go to the O Club and see the holster in the Eagle booth and ask the company owner or his staff what it means.

TR

Team Sergeant
04-05-2006, 06:42
Are you making the purchase from the Eagle website?

http://www.eagleindustries.com/welcome.asp

This is the store link (below). I know because I just made the same purchase you are now making (2nd one). I also purchased another belt....

http://www.eagleindustries.com/mainprod.asp?scv=0

TS

BrianH
04-05-2006, 12:41
Are you making the purchase from the Eagle website?

http://www.eagleindustries.com/welcome.asp

This is the store link (below). I know because I just made the same purchase you are now making (2nd one). I also purchased another belt....

http://www.eagleindustries.com/mainprod.asp?scv=0

TS
I was going to buy it from Lightfighter, but I have no loyalties as to whom I'm purchasing the gear from.

Team Sergeant
04-05-2006, 13:43
I was going to buy it from Lightfighter, but I have no loyalties as to whom I'm purchasing the gear from.

I was wondering where you got "subsizing" from, now I know.:rolleyes:

Be advised, Eagle sent me an email a day after I made my purchase, informing me that it could be a long as 6-8 weeks before I saw my holster. I wrote back stating I was in no hurry and the wait would be fine.(I figure the military and LEO come first and thats fine with me.) I signed the letter with my name and that I was a retired Special Forces MSG that has used their gear for years. I had the holster and belt in two days...............;)

TS

Chris
04-05-2006, 13:46
I signed the letter with my name and that I was a retired Special Forces MSG that has used their gear for years. I had the holster and belt in two days...............;)

TS

Its good to be King! :cool:

Razor
04-05-2006, 15:38
No, its good that the company recognizes the decades of sacrifice TS endured for the security of our country.

Surgicalcric
04-05-2006, 19:48
I'm a complete dolt. I'll admit it.

Better to admit it than to be called on it, especially here, by those of us who know you. :D Glad to see you made it thru another step Brian.

Leaving Monday morning for PH-IV are ya? Have an ODA assignment yet? Shoot me a PM if you prefer.

Crip

BrianH
04-06-2006, 05:47
Better to admit it than to be called on it, especially here, by those of us who know you. :D Glad to see you made it thru another step Brian.

Leaving Monday morning for PH-IV are ya?
Well, I'm still having trouble with the whole "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY" thing, but I've been studying hard.

Yessir, leave for Camp "Wow that's a big D-FAC" on Monday for RS. It's been a while since I actually looked forward to 35 days of field time.

Team Sergeant
04-06-2006, 07:15
Well, I'm still having trouble with the whole "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY" thing, but I've been studying hard.

Back in the 70's I was in the 82nd we taught some ROTC classes at Bragg. I was on the Claymore, easy enough, place it into action, test it, collect it up. We have quite a few with "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY" aimed right at them when they hit the clacker.......:rolleyes:

BrianH
04-06-2006, 08:33
Back in the 70's I was in the 82nd we taught some ROTC classes at Bragg. I was on the Claymore, easy enough, place it into action, test it, collect it up. We have quite a few with "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY" aimed right at them when they hit the clacker.......:rolleyes:
We had a few guys do the very same thing while I was at OSUT. The instructor was walking down the line to inspect our work, stopped in front of the mine a few down over from mine, furrowed his brow, and exclaimed, "WELL IF IT ISN'T THE ENEMEY'S GREATEST HERO! Private, did you wake up this morning and decide to defect, or are you just this stupid? Your job is NOT to put tally marks on Al Qaeda's scoreboard!"

He was known as "Hero" from then on out.