PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Elbow??

AngelsSix
04-01-2006, 21:26
Can someone explain what can cause this? The doc told me that it isn't necessarily caused by repetitive motion, so what else could be causing it? He asked me if I play golf, I told him no. I also do not play raquetball(sp) or tennis. He went on to explain that the reason my whole arm hurt ( I thought it might be a mild fracture due to an earlier injury) was because the swelling from the tendons and so forth was pressing on the nerves and causing the pain to radiate to my shoulder. He prescribed a band (which is helping a lot), ice and 1000 mg of Naproxen a day. Anyone have any experience with this??

soulsedition
04-02-2006, 20:29
Hey there, this is SPC Such-and-Such. We see a LOT of tennis elbow AKA Lateral epicondylitis in the occ. therapy clinic at WAMC. Tennis elbow doesn't necessarily have to be caused by repetitive motion, that is true. Ice, a band, and naproxen will only do so much, however. The best treatment for it is to limit any activity, such as gripping, extending/flexing your wrist. As hard as it may be, considering the operational/training tempo, it can be difficult. Send me a PM for a little more specific advice.
~best regards

Eagle5US
04-02-2006, 22:12
AKA Lateral epicondylitis...Tennis elbow doesn't necessarily have to be caused by repetitive motion.... Ice, a band, and naproxen will only do so much, however. The best treatment for it is to limit any activity, such as gripping, extending/flexing your wrist.
True statements...

Eagle

Detcord
04-06-2006, 06:16
I notice you list "computers" as one of your hobbies, Angels. Being in a static position for long periods without breaks can cause tendonitis and damage to soft tissue causing a lot of pain.

Computer operators often place tremendous pressure on wrists, forearms, and elbows without experiencing pain at the time. I'll bet that it has something to do with the way you sit and position your arms when operating a computer.

Remedy by taking frewquent breaks when opertaing a computer, every 10-15 minutes or so for a few minutes. Possibly change seating position/height also.

Good luck with everything.