PDA

View Full Version : Fort Lewis and Seattle

Roguish Lawyer
03-24-2006, 16:44
I am in Seattle on business from time to time and wondered how realistic it would be to drive down there from Seattle at close of business for a link-up, then return the same evening or early the next morning. Looks like about an hour's drive, but is it really? In traffic?

Eagle5US
03-24-2006, 17:37
We have a number of folks who live in or near Seattle and work here on Lewis. The fam and I drive up to REI all the time after I get off work. Spend an hour and some $$$..then drive back.

45 min to 1:15 each way depending on traffic / accidents etc. Easy drive-straight shot.

Love to see ya RL-you would be welcomed here:cool:

Eagle

Roguish Lawyer
03-24-2006, 17:42
Great! I'll PM you next time I'm in town.

Gene Econ
03-24-2006, 19:41
I am in Seattle on business from time to time and wondered how realistic it would be to drive down there from Seattle at close of business for a link-up, then return the same evening or early the next morning. Looks like about an hour's drive, but is it really? In traffic?

Friday night? Well over an hour to cover 45 miles. Rush hour on a Friday night goes from about 1500 - 1900. Unless there are wrecks. I wouldn't advise making that drive tonight. Violent rain storms have caused a mess on I-5.

Gene

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-25-2006, 12:39

RL, rush hour traffic on I-5 is a bitch! It will take you almost one hour to get halfway at that time of night!

Also, the Ft. Lewis "Clubs" suck in IMHO! So, what were you thinking about doing there? The 1st SFG(A) has a nice dinning facility, but by the time you get there it will most likely be closed. If somebody living on post, would set-up a link at his quarters the trip might be worthwhile; however, with the deployments, etc. this might be difficult too.

Perhaps, it would be better to meet either almost halfway, (SeaTac Airport area) with those living in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I live in the Federal Way area which is halfway between the two cities.

Where do you normally stay when you over night in Seattle? I know that my wife and I would like to meet you and have a couple of drinks, etc. if we were free. :lifter

Roguish Lawyer
03-26-2006, 18:32
Friday night? Well over an hour to cover 45 miles. Rush hour on a Friday night goes from about 1500 - 1900. Unless there are wrecks. I wouldn't advise making that drive tonight. Violent rain storms have caused a mess on I-5.

Gene

I doubt this would be on a Friday night. Probably mid-week.

Roguish Lawyer
03-26-2006, 18:33
RL, rush hour traffic on I-5 is a bitch! It will take you almost one hour to get halfway at that time of night!

Also, the Ft. Lewis "Clubs" suck in IMHO! So, what were you thinking about doing there? The 1st SFG(A) has a nice dinning facility, but by the time you get there it will most likely be closed. If somebody living on post, would set-up a link at his quarters the trip might be worthwhile; however, with the deployments, etc. this might be difficult too.

Perhaps, it would be better to meet either almost halfway, (SeaTac Airport area) with those living in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I live in the Federal Way area which is halfway between the two cities.

Where do you normally stay when you over night in Seattle? I know that my wife and I would like to meet you and have a couple of drinks, etc. if we were free. :lifter

Many of my trips there are day trips for a meeting, but I usually stay at the Inn at Harbor Steps when overnighting there.

Next time I'm up there with some extra time, I'll let everyone know and we can try to set something up somewhere.

Warrior-Mentor
03-27-2006, 08:34
I'll be up there for a couple weeks end of May early June.

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

The Reaper
03-27-2006, 08:35

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congrats, Joe!!

Looking for a real hospital?

TR

Chris
03-27-2006, 08:36
Congratulations WM!

Eagle5US
03-27-2006, 08:39

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe
The GP CSM for 1st SFG(A) is haveing his retirement party on the 25th...IF you think you could make it to party with a bunch of yahoos Sir! :D

Eagle

Roguish Lawyer
03-27-2006, 09:34

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congrats!

Peregrino
03-27-2006, 10:21

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congratulaions! Just think - all those years gaining experience while attempting to mold immature minds/bodies might actually be (personally) useful now. :p Peregrino

dennisw
03-27-2006, 10:23
Congrats on the expected arrival. Any names picked out? I noticed the new Harsey sword/knife is called The Reaper. That would be a name that might stand out in pre-school. :D

Sten
03-27-2006, 10:30

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe
Congrats!

Croooz
03-27-2006, 10:57

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe
Congratulations!
"Largo" might be a good name. :munchin

vsvo
03-27-2006, 11:38
Congratulations W-M!

Huey14
03-27-2006, 12:01
Well done, WM!

Go For Broke
03-27-2006, 14:04

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Congrats!

V/R,

Warrior-Mentor
03-27-2006, 14:13
Congrats, Joe!!

Looking for a real hospital?

TR

Thanks Sir.
Had pretty good luck at Bragg...hoping for the same at Lewis.

Warrior-Mentor
03-27-2006, 14:18
The GP CSM for 1st SFG(A) is haveing his retirement party on the 25th...IF you think you could make it to party with a bunch of yahoos Sir! :D

Eagle

Thanks for the invite...got a feeling I will be in the baby ward that night...and even if I'm not, Momma might have the butt about me going out drinking the night before the baby is due. :boohoo

Congrats on the expected arrival. Any names picked out?

Trevor James...

Eagle5US
03-27-2006, 14:21
Thanks Sir.
Had pretty good luck at Bragg...hoping for the same at Lewis.
Let me know what you need Sir-The hopsital is 2 miles from the house and I have good contacts on the OB floor.

Eagle

Gypsy
03-27-2006, 20:08

Expecting a boy 26MAY!

Joe

Warm wishes for a happy healthy baby boy and many congrats WM!

Bill Harsey
03-27-2006, 20:21
Let me know what you need Sir-The hopsital is 2 miles from the house and I have good contacts on the OB floor.

Eagle
We can bring the party out to the woods across from the hospital parking lot and make sure W-M has his cell phone on him. :D

Ambush Master
03-27-2006, 21:13
Sir,

We definitely have Friendlies securing the DZ!!! Will you be "Spotting" ?!?!?!:D

AND Congrats!!

Later
Martin

Roycroft201
04-01-2006, 03:05
Congratulations! Best wishes to mom, dad and Trevor James that all will be healthy, happy and smooth sailing ! (That sounds like a Navy term but you get my gist, I'm sure ;) )

Roycroft201

Warrior-Mentor
04-04-2006, 12:04
Thanks All...folks, wife and daughter in town this week.
Been off the net catching up.
Last visit before delivery!
:o