PDA

View Full Version : March 26 designated as official day of recognition for AD Military

Gypsy
03-23-2006, 20:41
While I support and honor my Military every day, this is cool to see. In addition to a "moment of silence" I suggest picking up a pen and writing....sending a package or whatever...to someone "out there". AND to our Wounded Warriors as well.

Supporting our Troops means more than putting a magnet on your car....

http://www.house.gov/knollenberg/mediacenter/press/2006/3-14-06.htm

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

U.S. House passes Knollenberg’s bill to honor U.S. Troops

WASHINGTON , D.C. – The U.S. House of Representatives today approved a resolution to designate an official day of recognition for the service of active-duty U.S. servicemen and women. Congressman Joe Knollenberg (R/MI-09) sponsored the measure on behalf of Alexandra McGregor, a sixteen year-old Waterford resident who originated the idea for this legislation.

“Our service men and women make enormous sacrifices to keep us safe and to protect our freedoms. They leave their homes and families, work in highly stressful and dangerous conditions, and ensure that all of us here at home are safe and secure. We need to honor these men and women and show them that Americans across the country are appreciative of their work and sacrifice,” Congressman Knollenberg said.

Currently, the U.S. officially honors the service of our veterans and those who’ve died for our country with designated national holidays. However, there is no official national day of recognition for active-duty troops.

Knollenberg’s resolution will designate March 26th, 2006 as ‘‘National Support the Troops Day.’’ The legislation states that “all Americans should participate in a moment of silence to reflect upon the service and sacrifice of members of the United States Armed Forces both at home and abroad.”

“With this resolution, it is my hope that our troops will know that the American people – from the 16 year girl in Waterford to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives – are grateful for their service. Our country is at war and it is more important than ever to show our appreciation for our brave and dedicated men and women in uniform,” Congressman Knollenberg said.

Warrior-Mentor
03-23-2006, 22:17
Thanks for the post.

Dan
03-23-2006, 22:29
I suggest picking up a pen and writing....sending a package or whatever...

If someone isn't sure what/how to do things go to this official site: http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/