PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback Tactical

NousDefionsDoc
03-05-2006, 12:10
I've been dealing with them some lately. And I have to say, I'm impressed. There are a lot of items on back order, but I don't think anymore than anyone else.

And the quality of everything I have received to date has been outstanding.

The super belt, mag pouches, IFAK pouch - everything.

Jane Hensley has been helping me and she is great! Very responsive to email and cranky old customers.

j.hensley@diamondbacktactical.com

The Reaper
03-05-2006, 12:14
NDD:

Good to hear, I ran into them at a couple of recent trade shows and was not happy with their ability to determine status of stock or their follow-up.

Maybe you found the person there who has the keys.

TR

Stiletto11
03-05-2006, 14:56
I tried to order ESS glasses and RX inserts yesterday from them. They told me they were backordered for 8-11 weeks. That's a long time for a back order. I will say that the price (discount) was very good. I have a laundry list of stuff to take to the "box" so I hope they can square me away.

NousDefionsDoc
03-05-2006, 15:42
Yeah, everything they don't have right away seems to be 8-11 weeks. I think they are hedging some. I know some guys on here have had some issues with them. But hell, I'm having issues with everyone. I've been waiting since last Sept. on some UA t-shirts from another source. Not brown or khaki - BLACK!

I was a little dubious about the quality, since I had never seen any. But it's as good as anybody elses mass producing as far as I can tell. Of course Eggroll will always be Eggroll.:lifter

If I was in the US, I would get everything from either Egg or Optactical.

Eagle5US
03-05-2006, 16:09
I was a little dubious about the quality, since I had never seen any. But it's as good as anybody elses mass producing as far as I can tell. Of course Eggroll will always be Eggroll.:lifter

If I was in the US, I would get everything from either Egg or Optactical.
I have been trying to get ahold of egg for about 3 weeks now...e-mail, PM, this board, another board, hell even HIS board. No response.
:confused:

Eagle

eggroll
03-05-2006, 20:14
actually I sent a response to your last email and even told ya to say HI back to Reaper.

Whats up? Need to get a hold of me it seems, drop a line 719-229-3831

EGG

Eagle5US
03-06-2006, 04:05
Thanks man...

My fault...I must have missed it. I'll get it to ya.

Eagle

NousDefionsDoc
04-15-2006, 18:51
DBT is still good to go.

I received a couple of Nalgene pouches and a 6-round shotgun pouch from them. Good workmanship and the price is ok.

Jane hooked me up with the gov discount before I even asked her.

Basicload
04-15-2006, 19:05
Doc,

They run hot and cold with me. I know Jason Beck (company owner) personally and I drop his name when I need resolution on a matter.

Back order is back order.... There are just not any companies (BHI is the exception of course) that can meet the demand.
I had the unit the order four chest rigs for a test and they are all on back order.

I did call them about a custom order and it took them 6 days to return my call to tell me that they could do it. (low vis AK RACK in six color "chocolate chip" desert)

The plus side of that story is that they found 20 yards of 1000D in six color and were prepared to work the order if I still wanted it.

I'm with you DOC, good kit, gonna wait anywhere you go so why not give them your business.

Did I mention the ex 5th SFG connection? yep a former SEAL hiring ex group guys. Right guys for the right job. Good for Jason.

NousDefionsDoc
04-15-2006, 19:20
Yeah, I've got a plate carrier on order and it looks like it might take a while.

I'm am shooting for "Best Jocked Up Instructor" this year.:lifter

Basicload
04-15-2006, 19:30
Yeah, I've got a plate carrier on order and it looks like it might take a while.

I'm am shooting for "Best Jocked Up Instructor" this year.:lifter

I know, youve been getting all fancy with the kit these days....

We can't hold onto the Car-15/aimpoint 5000/hoseclamps-Maglite days forever....Evoulution calls. :cool:

aestreet
06-05-2006, 23:35
With the exception of the back order waits, and sometimes unavailability of items, I have been very impressed with the quality of their products, I ordered their E&E bag, which was great for stashing optics while on the go, and I really dig the padded pistol belt, gotta say Im a fan of the BattleLab stuff, Im a believer in "you get what you pay for", a buddy of mine got pretty much his whole rig from them, including the multi-hit plates and mich half ear helmet and they were really cooperative in getting them out to him in a reasonable time. Then again, I am still waiting on a hip panel I ordered in Sept.

TKS
06-06-2006, 14:39
DBT has some stuff I've ordered on backorder too, but it's coming piece by piece. The E&E bag is good stuff and it holds up, isn't too big for the uparmored vehicles with you and all your kit, plus a full crew. My M4 pouches can carry one M14 mag and I didn't know that until recent. The patrol buttpak is a decent piece of kit and the weapons catch for transition....ie...M4 to pistol, to shotgun...etc...I know you all know this...(laughing) Jane Hensley has been straight with me too. No complaints.

kgoerz
09-03-2006, 17:21
I made an order a month ago and just got billed last week. Meaning the items are on the way. Problem is they didn't bill me the whole amount. Meaning there are items on back order. Problem I emailed them asking what items are not coming and they haven't answered me. I was the credit card holder when I worked a SFAUC and we purchased thousands of dollars of equipment from them. They were always very helpful and respondent then. It seems they are less respondent with individual orders from the little guys.

NousDefionsDoc
09-03-2006, 17:29
She doesn't like you - she told me so....:)

The Reaper
09-03-2006, 18:59
Well, I finally called them when the Low Vis Rack was in stock in Coyote.

Very nice piece of kit.

I bought one of their BIRKs (Blow-Out Kits) on the same order and was not impressed. It seemed to be loaded with low-quality components despite a regular price.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
09-03-2006, 19:02
Boss,
You know better than to be buying pre-packaged med kits...

The Reaper
09-03-2006, 19:12
Boss,
You know better than to be buying pre-packaged med kits...

Yes, I do, but it was on sale and I took a chance.

I got a small GP pouch and a pair of Chinese bandage scissors out of it.

I already have a couple of quality kits anyway. Problem is, every time I start filling one, I run out of space before I finish. If I ever did, it would probably be about the size of a Queen-Sized mattress. ;)

TR

Monsoon65
09-03-2006, 19:39
I bought one of their BIRKs (Blow-Out Kits) on the same order and was not impressed. It seemed to be loaded with low-quality components despite a regular price.

TR

Thanks for the heads up about the BIRKs. I was looking at getting one, but wasn't sure about the contents. I checked around PS.com and built up one of my own with a Tactical Tailor accessory bag and a generous "donation" of first aid supplies from the supply closet at work.

The Reaper
09-05-2006, 15:34
Okay, perhaps I was a bit unkind in my assessment of the BIRK.

You can make your own decision.

It consists of a Medium GP pouch containing:

1x Bloodstopper bandage (looks like a smaller, cheaper version of the Israeli Bandage)
1x Small roll of Elastic Gauze
1x Small bandage with two safety pins, appears to be a small compressed cravat
1x Ascherman Chest Seal
1x 3” Compression wrap, like an Ace knockoff
1x 5”x9” Combine Abdominal Gauze Pad
2x Antimicrobial Wipes
1x Pair EMT Shears
1x Fast action Trauma Card
1x Small Zip-Loc bag containing 1 pair of latex gloves, 18” of 1” surgical tubing (TQ?), and 1x 16 gauge catherter (for needle decompression?)

I suppose it might do in a pinch, though I would prefer the shears, gloves, and Ascherman, with a real Israeli bandage, an issue cravat, some Betadine, more Kerlix, some Coban, a real one-handed tourniquet, an airway, an emergency blanket, a proper decompression set-up with a needle and a valve, and some tape.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

kgoerz
09-05-2006, 18:10
[QUOTE=NousDefionsDoc]She doesn't like you - she told me so....

She emailed me with a complete rundown of my order, good to go. Also sent pics of herself but I am not showing them to you

NousDefionsDoc
09-05-2006, 19:11
[QUOTE=NousDefionsDoc]She doesn't like you - she told me so....

She emailed me with a complete rundown of my order, good to go. Also sent pics of herself but I am not showing them to you
If you look closely, you'll see I was copied on the email....:p

Psywar1-0
09-07-2006, 19:39
DBT is pretty much the standard issue at my new job.

Im still trying to decide if I like the Predator Vest. Having seen a Maritime CIRAS Its hard to be satisfied with the issue gear. Its great armor, but the load carrying ability is not the greatest IMHO.

I agree on the First aid kit, that got ditched and replaced with a SOTech IFAK.

Actually all the pouches except for the admin pouch got dumped.

Using an Eagle 6 mag shingle on the right and a Spector 3 mag on the left with pistol mags and a radio pouch on the front of it I gained 1 AR mag (total of 9) and 2 extra pistol mags(total of 4)

But the GP pouch and IFAK, along with a camelback ended up on the back, which is not so good for trying to sit in a vehicle.

Im looking for something that will allow me to put mags inside the outer cumberbund.

Fiercely Loyal
07-07-2007, 19:18
I have also had a bit of a problem trying to get all my items in a timely manner. On average it has taken one month to receive the majority of my orders. The first order I placed this year I received someone else’s items (my name on box but their invoice and kit). I contacted them and Anita has been very helpful in resolving all issues. Just curious if anyone knows their operational ability to produce their products. I can’t imagine they are as small as High Speed Gear Inc (which has excellent turn around time and customer service) or as large as BHI. I am just trying to gauge what could take such a long turn around time on some of the back ordered products.

kgoerz
07-07-2007, 20:19
I waited 10 months for a Dump Pouch until I finally canceled. They sent it to a different address and also sent the wrong item once, it's a long story. I was polite when I canceled so the head of Govt purchases, Ted Nugent emailed me. I don't know if it's the Rocker Ted Nugent. He said he would send me something for my trouble. I never got that either and I am still waiting on my refund for the Dump Pouch. It's been a year this month since the original order.
Most companies tell you if a item is on Back Order. Either on the web sight or as soon as you order with the option to cancel. DBT doesn't let you know until you call and ask where your stuff is or when only part of your order shows up.