PDA

View Full Version : Ruck start...

LetGodSortEmOut
03-05-2006, 07:06
Gentlemen!

I hope you all are doing well, now let me get down to business. Thanks for the advice of finding the SFAS prep workout it will greatly help. You know, with the forced marches and all. Last night I got into an argument and left my party and told them I was walking home (from the ocean front in Va Beach to Norfolk).
As God would have it, approx. 2 miles into my walk I found a nice piece of tree! I tore the two elongated pieces off and proceeded for the rest of my journey. 16 miles and 4hours 25min later I arrived home.
I then proceeded to bring my scale outside, first weighing myself and then myself with the 12ft long timber in my arms. 28 pounds! Not quite 30lbs. for a good start, but hey, that was my first offical "ruck" march. [I have to make due with what the good Lord gave me right?]

At least I dont think its not bad for a first time. I know the SFAS handbook says to start with 30lbs in 3 miles...heh, I walked over 5x that. Its a good START at least. Yeah...I need to get off this contraption and do some strectching now...

-Me

NousDefionsDoc
03-05-2006, 07:35
A tree limb is not a ruck. What you did was not training. Nor was it very intelligent. And this post has nothing to do with anything or anyone on this board.