PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Swamp Rat or Busse?

Leozinho
03-02-2006, 16:22
Does anyone have a Busse or their lower priced sibling the Swamp Rat?

They seem to have a fanatical following and the guarantee can't be beat. But they constantly retire models, set limited production runs, etc, so one problem seems to be buying one directly from the factory rather than paying an inflated price on Ebay.

Just wondering if they are as good as the (internet) hype, which seems to be mostly from collectors, as best I can tell.

Thanks.

Bill Harsey
03-02-2006, 22:44
Busse is a good guy who makes good knives.
If that's the knife your looking for, you should get it.

M4Guru
03-03-2006, 07:24
I like Mr. Harsey's Neil Roberts Warrior knife. My old PL had a Busse, though, and it was built like a tank. Strider offers a good knife that's very tough as well. You're headed in the right direction. If Bill Harsey says it's a good knife, you can bet your paycheck it is.

Goggles Pizano
03-03-2006, 11:41
I own a Busse and Mr. Harsey is correct it is an outstanding knife. Built like a tank, I like that. :lifter

Leozinho
03-10-2006, 15:16
Thanks for the replies.

I just ordered a Swamp Rat Howling Rat. It's one of Swamp Rat's smaller ones, with a 4.5 inche blade. I'd still like one of their bigger knives, but I'm going to wait until their new line is unveiled before getting anything more expensive. Almost a risk free purchase though, as folks are selling SR and Busse knives at a 25 to 30 % mark up from factory prices on Ebay and the different forums.

The downside is that I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait until it arrives.

NousDefionsDoc
03-10-2006, 17:47
Beware of big knives if you are buying it for the field. They usually end up sitting on a shelf somewhere.