PDA

View Full Version : Movie on the Green Berets in Afghanistan

AK49Gonz
03-01-2006, 03:52
Hello, I am a Hollywood screenwriter looking to make contact with people from the Special Forces who might have served in Afghanistan in the months following 9/11. I am writing a screenplay about the defeat of the Taliban and very much need people who can provide me with first hand knowledge of their experiences over there. I have been buried in research (books like Task Force Dagger; The Hunt for Bin Laden, by Robin Moore, Jawbreaker, by Gary Bernsten, First In, by Gary Schroen) but find very little in these works about the day to day tasks performed by our heroic soldiers in this forgotten conflict. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you very much, Brian Basque, [/email].

M4Guru
03-01-2006, 06:41
910-432-6005

USASOC Public Affairs Office

AK49Gonz
03-01-2006, 06:54
Thank you, M4Guru. Heading that way. -B

The Reaper
03-01-2006, 08:57
Brian:

Please introduce yourself in the proper place here before you start asking for info. You might peruse the stickies and intros as well.

Despite what Hollywood may think, you will find that SF soldiers are generally not as portrayed on screen, with one exception. That is that very few SF soldiers like to talk about what they have done, especially with the media. I would venture to say that you should check the background of any source you encounter willing to share stories with you, chances are, he either wasn't there or isn't SF.

I would also concur that the proper point of entry to talk to any soldiers still on AD who served in OEF is the USASOC PAO. The command takes a very dim view of soldiers providing impromptu interviews with media personnel, and will probably take action against them.

The first day to day task in a combat zone is survival.

Have a very SF Day.

TR

Team Sergeant
03-01-2006, 09:06
but find very little in these works about the day to day tasks performed by our heroic soldiers in this forgotten conflict.

While you may have forgotten this conflict we have not.

Do me a favor and take your research elsewhere. There are many military bulletin boards on the internet on which you might get some answers to your questions, not here. We’ve no time for hollywood or its slimy citizens.

Team Sergeant